Sunday, 4 May 2014

Our search for Finn MacCool



It seems fitting to end my holiday posts with our visit to Northern Ireland's most famous [probably] tourist attraction. The walk down to the Giant's Causeway was a trip in itself for Little Miss; she did a lot of walking on this holiday! We chose the non-frugal option and paid our entrance fees via the visitor centre. We weren't sure the little legs would cope with the possible climb getting to the stones the other way. 





Soon enough we arrived at the bottom of the hill. With the beauty of the sea to our left, we followed the path to the right and shortly found ourselves at the causeway.






I can understand why people have found this a place of inspiration. The rapid weather changes whilst walking over the intriguing rock formations could easily bring out the secret poet, artist or writer in most of us.  

The world of myths and legends rubbed off on the tots too and they spent most of their time abracadabra-ing with their 'magic wand' sticks.

Would I pay the money to visit again? Probably not. The place is a little too 'touristy' for my liking but it's a place I've always wanted to visit and I'm very pleased we did.




Linking up with Country Kids
Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

4 comments:

  1. Perfect sized stepping stones for your little ones! As you say it's one of those places that need to be ticked off the list but can sometimes fall short of expectations. Lovely photos of the children having fun, thanks for linking up and sharing with Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes although maybe that's because we stayed away from the larger ones (they were far too close to the sea for my liking!) Sx

      Delete
  2. I cant tell you how much I am amaze of the beauty of this place. Nature really is perfect! look at those landscapes! I wish I can visit this place, someday! #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a magical place and even the rain showers didn't take away the beauty of the area. Absolutely agree - nature is perfect. Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment. Sx

      Delete